Similar to last month, the publish date of the Messenger during the first week of May does not align with the release of the agenda for our May 3rd meeting of the Agriculture & Rural Affairs Committee. Although not completely set, the agenda will include the revisions to the Site Alteration By-Law that will improve clarity and remove ambiguity surrounding the agricultural exemption and some of the definitions. The agenda is also expected to include the Zoning By-Law Amendment for the Rideau Carleton Raceway property, which is a major step in the Hard Rock Casino development. Please be sure to sign up for our e-Newsletter, if you have not already, as the complete agenda will be sent out next week.
Rideau Valley Wildlife Sanctuary
The Rideau Valley Wildlife Sanctuary is now accepting applications for summer student positions. Please note that these jobs are still pending approval, expected in mid to late April, under the Canada Summer Jobs program.
To be eligible under the program, students must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- have been registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
- intend to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
- be a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program;
- be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
The positions are:
- Hotline and Administrative Assistant (two positions)
- Construction and Facility Maintenance (two positions)
- Volunteer Coordinator (one position)
- Donor Relations and Communications Assistant (one position)
- Event Coordinator (one position)
To apply, send your resume; covering letter, including your availability and eligibility under the Canada Summer Jobs program; and two references by email to email@example.com. Only complete applications will be accepted. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Scott Moffatt Golf 4 Youth Classic
The Scott Moffatt Golf 4 Youth Classic is back! The tournament will be on Friday, July 6th at the Canadian Golf and Country Club. Last year, this event raised over $20,000 for Youth of Manotick Association and the Richmond Youth Centre! We are currently in the process of obtaining sponsorships for the tournament. If you are interested or would like more details, please contact our office and we can connect you with the tournament organizers. Furthermore, if you are interested in participating, you can buy tickets at golf4youth.ca.
Community Dancing in Manotick
Interested in a fun, interactive session of dance, laughter & music? Join the Ever Hopeful Stringband and caller Pippa Hall for a family-friendly, alcohol-free evening of community dancing, including circles, squares and contras. This evening of fun takes places at the Manotick United Church on Friday, April 27th from 7:00pm to 9:30pm. Each dance is taught and the whole family is invited. The evening begins with simple dances, followed by dances that build on skills as the evening progresses. Admission is $10, $5 for those aged 12-18, and children under 12 are free. There is a family max admission of $20. For more information, please call 613-692-4576. http://dance.manotick.net
7th Annual Zumba MS Fundraiser
The 7th Annual Zumba Multiple Sclerosis Fundraiser is taking place at the Alfred Taylor Recreation Centre in North Gower on Friday, April 27th. Admission is $10. All process go to the MS Society. Donations of $20 or more will receive a tax receipt. The event begins at 7:00pm but you are encouraged to arrive early to sign the waiver form. The evening will also feature a live auction and plenty of door prizes.
If you have any comments, questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at Scott.Moffatt@ottawa.ca or contact me by phone at 613-580-2491. For information on Rideau-Goulbourn issues, please visit RideauGoulbourn.ca.