There are a number of projects that will be started in summer 2017 around Rideau-Goulbourn.
Roads slated for resurfacing include:
- Fernbank Road (paved shoulders - from Shea Road to 500 m West of Terry Fox Drive)
Gravel roads slated for resurfacing include:
Rideau (South Roads)
- Callendor Rd (All)Carsonby Rd (First Line Rd to dead end)
- Carsonby Rd (Second Line Rd East to dead end)
- Flood Rd (Dwyer Hill Rd to End)
- Garlock Rd (All)
- Gilroy Rd (to north dead end)
- Harbison Rd (All)
- Lewis Way (Sutherland Dr to dead end)
- Mackey Rd (Gallagher Rd to Malakoff Rd)
- Paden Rd (Weedmark Rd to Dwyer Hill Rd)
- Sutherland Dr (Rideau Valley Dr N to Lewis Way)
- Weedmark Rd (Donnelly Rd to North dead end)
Goulbourn (West Roads)
- Crawford Rd (From Dwyer Hill Rd to dead end)
- Mansfield Rd (From Regional Rd 5 to dead end)
- McLinton Rd (McCaffrey Trail to Ashton Station Rd)
- Bleeks Rd (Conley Rd to dead end)
- Bleeks Rd (From Conley Rd to Munster Side Rd)
- Bowrin Rd (From McBean Rd to dead end)
- Conley Rd (From Franktown Rd to Flewellyn Rd)
- Dobson Ln (From McBean St to McCordick Rd)
- Garvin Rd (Joy’s Rd to dead end)
- Goodstown Rd (From Century Rd to the dead end)
- Joy’s Rd (Garvin Rd to dead end)
- O’Neil Rd (Dwyer Hill Rd to dead end)
- Purdy Rd (Dwyer Hill Rd to dead end)
- Rushmore Dr (Eagleson Rd to Steeple Hill Rd)
- Woods Rd (Franktown Rd to Jock Trail)
Another resurfacing project that will likely have a significant impact this summer on Rideau-Goulbourn residents is the resurfacing of Prince of Wales Drive. Construction along Prince of Wales Drive, between Strandherd Drive and Hunt Club Road began on June 5th. For more information on this project, visit: Prince of Wales Drive coordinated network modifications project
Fallowfield Road at Moodie Drive is also set to be widened. The tender for this project will close in August and construction is set to begin in October of this year.
Work (mircosurfacing or slurry seal) is also being done on:
- Mackey Road
- Third Line Road (from Lockhead Road west to Roger Stevens Drive and from Dilworth Road to Lockhead Road East)
- McLean Bridge Rehabilitation (construction started in May)
- McBean Street Bridge Rehabilitation (2018)
- Bridges on Ashton Station Road, Old Richmond Road and Munster Road will be renewed, with tender closing in December 2017. Construction is set to begin in July 2018.
- Richmond Road Bridge Renewal will also take place in 2018, with tender closing in February 2018 and construction beginning in May 2018.
The following parks are being upgraded or replaced in 2017 or 2018:
- Kings Grant Phase 2
- Richmond Lions Park (lighting and seasonal boarded rink)
- Sarah McCarthy Park
- Blue Rock Park
- Gordon & Ivy Scharf Park
At the end of July, the City will begin work on 4 culvert replacements. Work includes the removal of the old culverts, placement of the new culverts and the installation of retaining walls and guide rail (where applicable). The locations are:
- Phelan Road West culvert, 0.01 km east of Prince of Wales Drive
- Proven Line Road culvert, 0.9 km north of Malakoff Road
- Rideau Valley Drive South culvert, 1.85 km from Lockhead Road east to Dilworth Road
- Donnelly Drive culvert, 0.84 km east of Malakoff Road
Affected residents will receive a letter from the City but please note there will be some disruptions to traffic during construction.
The Manotick Arena expansion is still moving forward; design and tendering occured in 2016 and construction is slated to begin this year.
- Richmond Forcemain is set to be complete in September.
Completed Projects (2017):
Resurfacing and Gravel Road Upgrades:
- William McEwen Drive (from Prince of Wales Drive to Brophy Road)
- Shea Road (from Hemphill Street to Fernbank Road)
- Gallagher Rd (from Mackey Rd to Malakoff Road)
- Bleeks Road (from Dwyer Hill Road to 80 m East of Munster Road)
- Third Line Rd S (Dilworth Rd south to dead end)
Work (mircosurfacing or slurry seal):
- Harnett Road (from Donelly Drive to Mulholland Road)
- McCordick Road (from Donelly Drive to Mackey Road)
- Donelly Drive (rom City of Ottawa West Boundary to Merlyn Wilson Road)
Past Projects (2016):
- Bridge Street
- Moodie Drive (Brophy-Fallowfield)
- Ottawa Street (West of Fortune)
- Royal York Street (Fortune to Fowler)
The Rideau Valley Drive South project continued with the renewal of storm sewers, introduction of sidewalks and resurfacing from Dorack to Lockhead.
Sewer installation was completed on Martin Street between Fortune Street and King Street.
Flewellyn Road, between Conley and Huntley, were microsurfaced. This helps restore the road to its condition prior to the Enbridge pipeline project from 2014.
Mackey Road was upgraded from gravel surface to a paved surface through surface treatment. This project extended the existing paved surface from Viola Street to McCordick Road.
Sidewalk projects included upgrading the sidewalk on Beaverwood Road, between Ann Street and Manotick Main Street, as well as the renewal of the sidewalk on Roger Stevens Drive, west of Fourth Line Road. This project was delayed from 2015 because the scope of the project was larger than its budget.
The replacement of the canteen at the Alfred Taylor Recreation Centre was complete and the play structure was replaced as well and will be completed by Canada Day.
The much discussed Manotick Arena expansion moved forward; design and tendering occured this year and construction was slated to begin in 2017.
Updated August 2017