Scott Moffatt, the Councillor for Rideau-Goulbourn in the City of Ottawa, has lived in the ward all his life. Tracing his ancestry back almost 200 years to the Richmond, Manotick and Kars area, Scott was born and raised in old Rideau Township and lives in North Gower with his wife Jill and four kids - Lane, Peyton, Luke and Hayden.
Scott graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in History with a Minor in Political Science and Law in 2008 from Carleton University. Scott attended South Carleton High School, Rideau Valley Middle School, Kars Public School and St. Leonard Catholic School.
Prior to being elected Councillor, Scott worked primarily in customer service roles having spent time at Strathmere, Tommy & Lefebvre, and Brookstreet Hotel, among others. An avid sportsman, Scott turned his love of golf into a career, working at a number of local golf courses, most notably managing Anderson Links and, most recently, was an Operations Manager at Golftown.
Between his work as Councillor and his time as a father, Scott stays involved with the community volunteering at the North Gower Cooperative Nursery School, Kars on the Rideau Public School and with Osgoode-Rideau Minor Hockey Association.
- Agricultural and Rural Affairs (ARAC), Chair
- Built Heritage Sub-Committee
- Environment Committee
- Finance and Economic Development Committee
- Transportation Committee
- Planning Advisory Committee
- Development Charges By-Law Review Councillors Sponsor Group
- Manotick Mill Quarter Community Development Corporation, Chair
- Ottawa’s Countryside
- Ottawa Public Library Board
- Rideau Valley Conservation Authority