It’s that time of year again and Watson’s Mill is preparing for the 2012 season. Youth are welcome to submit their cover letter and resume c/o: The Manager, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org; by mail: PO Box 145, Manotick, ON K4M 1A2; or in person at: the Carriage Shed office, 5524 Dickinson St., Manotick—office hours are Monday-Friday, 10:00-4:00. Deadline for applications is Monday, April 2nd, 2012 at noon. See www.watsonsmill.com for more details.
- Gift Shop Assistant/Interpreter: deadline for applications is Monday, March 19th at noon. Wage is $10.50/hour, 4 days/week, for 23 weeks starting March 27, 2012. Candidates for this position must be rgistered with the Rideau-Osgoode Youth Retail Employment Program. Contact: Lindsay Goodall at 613-820-for more details.
Candidates for all following positions should:
- Register with: Youth Canada Works: past participants must create a new 2012 account - go to www.youngcanadaworks.ca
- Get: a 2012 police record check (children’s programming position will require the police record check with the vulnerable sector)
- Submit: cover letter and resume by Monday, April 2nd, 2012, with preferred position of interest
- Target: selection of candidates invited for interviews will be made the week of April 2nd
Confirmed positions: start date is May 1st
- Special Events Assistant/Heritage Guide. Wage is $11.00/hour, 5 days/week for 18 weeks.
- Children's Programming Assistant/Heritage Guide. Wage is $11.00/hour, 5 days/week for 18 weeks.
Anticipated positions: start date will be confirmed based on funding results. Wages would be: $10.25/hour, 5 days per week. # of weeks dependant on funding results (10-18 weeks).
- Communications Assistant/Heritage Guide
- Junior Programming Assistant/Heritage Presenter
- Oral History Project Coordinator/Interpreter
- Community Outreach Coordinator/Interpreter
- Heritage Actors/Interpreters (# of positions based on funding)
WMMI thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. WMMI is an equal opportunity employer.