The Community Support Service (CSS) agencies of Eastern Ottawa, Western Ottawa and Rural Ottawa South are piloting a program that will provide wheelchair accessible transportation services within the rural area. This service is for non-ambulatory customers who use a wheelchair or scooter.
A few key details on the pilot:
- Runs from July 1 to December 31, 2013
- Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- 48 Hour Advance Reservations
The CSS agencies can prioritize transportation requests:
- 1st Priority - medical appointments, including Adult Day Programs, rehabilitation, foot care and counselling
- 2nd Priority - other essential appointments such as banking, lawyers, grocery shopping
- 3rd Priority - all other appointments including social recreation activities
Contact the Community Support Services agency in your area to reserve a trip. Reservations can be made at least 48 hours in advance.
- Eastern Ottawa Resource Centre 613-741-6025 x328
- Rural Ottawa South Support Services 613-692-4697
- Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre 613-591-3686
On your behalf, the agency will make arrangements with West-Way Taxi to provide the accessible taxi ride. Customers who use this service are required to pay transportation fees (as shown below) to the CSS agency that arranged the ride. You will receive an invoice at the end of each month.
Rural CSS Transportation Fee Schedule:
1 - 10 km = $10
11 - 30 km = $15
31- 50 km = $20
51- 70 km = $30
71- 90 km = $40
91 km and over = $0.45/km
This pilot program will run until December 31, 2013. For more information, or to provide feedback, please call the Eastern Ottawa Resource Centre at 613-741-6025 x328.