If you are an Ottawa organization operating rural fairs, rural farmers' markets or rural business organizations such as Chamber of Commerce and Business Improvement Areas, you may be eligible for funding of up to $7,500 through the City of Ottawa’s Rural Association Partnership Program (RAPP).
The second-round of RAPP funding is now available with applications being accepted until Friday, August 16 at 4pm.
The objectives of the RAPP are:
- To provide project based funding that supports the main priorities for rural organizations.
- To contribute to the City’s rural economic health by supporting projects that will assist Ottawa’s rural business organizations, fairs and farmers markets achieve sustainability and capitalize on the proximity to Ottawa’s large urban market.
- To assist in promoting Ottawa’s rural identity to both residents and tourists.
- To provide economic benefits to small and medium sized enterprises in Ottawa’s rural communities.
- Assist rural communities to overcome the business development challenges associated with smaller local population base.
- To increase the capacity for rural communities to provide a quality visitor experience.
More information, including guidelines and an application form, can be found on the Rural Association Partnership Program web page.
Prospective RAPP applicants are encouraged to contact the Rural Affairs Office at email@example.com or 613-580-2424, ext. 28352 to discuss their proposal prior to submitting an application.