PayByPhone parking allows customers to initiate and extend their parking sessions by making a phone call, using a mobile phone application, or logging in online. It is fast, easy, and convenient.
Once you register for an account, you use this service for any Pay & Display parking meter or non-gated off-street public parking lot across the city.
Create an account to use PayByPhone
Before you use PayByPhone, you must first register for an account.
- Smartphones: Visit m.paybyphone.com or download the iPhone, Android or BlackBerry app.
- Online: Visit PayByPhone.com
- Call: 613-691-1700
You will need to provide the following information:
- Phone number (mobile or landline)
- Credit card number (VISA, MasterCard or American Express)
- License plate number
Your details are saved and automatically recognized each time you pay by phone.
Where can I pay by phone?
You can pay by phone at any on-street parking space city-wide that has a City of Ottawa Pay & Display parking meter, and at all 16 City owned non-gated off-street public parking facilities. You must enter the location number of the Pay & Display machine on the same side of the street within the same city block on which you parked. Parking time is not transportable from one Pay & Display location to another.
What are the benefits?
- No need for cash or coins
- Text message reminders
- Extend your time from anywhere by phone
- View and print parking receipts online
- Easy to use mobile apps
NFC (Near Field Communication) technology
Every PayByPhone location is also equipped with NFC (near field communication) technology. Capable phones can wave over the NFC logo and have the PayByPhone app loaded and pre-populated with the location number. You can then enter the amount of parking time desired and be on your way.
Important things to remember
- Parking costs are automatically charged to the credit card associated with your account.
- You can receive optional text message alerts when your session is about to expire (carrier rates apply).
- You are limited to the maximum parking duration permitted under local area parking restrictions.
- Parking time is not transportable from one Pay & Display or off-street parking location to another.
- You must enter the location number of the Pay & Display machine on the same side of the street within the same city block on which you parked, or in the off-street parking facility which you are parked.
- By-law enforcement officers have access to a real-time list of who has paid by phone
If you'd like to know more about this new method for paying for parking, visit the City of Ottawa's PayByPhone information page.