Effective Sunday, April 22, OC Transpo will introduce spring service improvements on many routes, as well as some reductions that reflect the lower seasonal demand for service. The Rack & Roll program also returns for spring and runs through until the fall, with bike racks reinstalled on close to 500 buses.
Spring service highlights include:
- Kanata North improvements with two-way service on Route 93 and an extension of the route to Lincoln Fields Station for improved connections
- Barrhaven South improvements with the extension of Route 177 in the morning peak period to Fallowfield Station for better connections
- Stittsville improvements on Route 96 with increased frequency in the evening and late at night
- Modification of Route 16X between King Edward and the Rideau Centre for improved access to Rideau Street
- Route 169 cancelled and replaced by new Route 181 and additional trips on Route 93
- Rural routing changes on Route 232 and shoppers’ bus Routes 201 and 205
- Additional trips added to Routes 16, 93, 94, 95, 96, 134, 143 and 144, and schedule adjustments on several other routes to improve frequency and connections for customers
- Reallocation of articulated buses to alleviate crowding on some routes
- Resources will be reallocated on school services, including the 600-numbered routes, to better match ridership levels. Some routes will have trips added, while some routes will have cancelled trips
- Seasonal frequency reductions on Routes 4, 111, 129 and the O-Train to coincide with the end of the academic year at Carleton University and la Cité collégiale
Students at Carleton University and the University of Ottawa are reminded that their U-Pass expires April30. While no longer valid as a fare, the U-Pass can be used as a photo ID card until August 31 when paired with a discounted monthly student transit pass.
Schedule information is available 24 hours a day, up to six days in advance, by calling 613-560-1000 or texting 560560 plus the four-digit bus stop number. For more details, travel planning assistance, routing information and new timetables, customers should call OC Transpo at 613-741-4390 or visit www.octranspo.com.