Do you have a favourite public space, neighbourhood or street in Ottawa you would like others to know about? The Canadian Institute of Planners’ (CIP) Annual Great Places in Canada competition is looking for online votes and nominations. With so many great places in Ottawa, it will be hard to narrow down your choice.
Maybe it’s a spot by the Rideau Canal, the colourful Chinatown Gateway on Somerset Street, swimming at Westboro beach or watching the sailboats at Britannia Park? It could be the hustle and bustle of the ByWard Market, savouring the goods at the Lansdowne Farmers’ Market or enjoying the serenity of the Manotick Mill. Or maybe it is just down the street in your very own neighbourhood.
With just a few simple steps you can help put our great city on the map and your “Great Place” can be in the running:
- Go to GreatPlacesInCanada.com.
- Nominate your own favourite location by submitting an entry with a photo or video
- You can also vote for your favourite locations including ones in Ottawa
- Nominations will be accepted until January 31, 2012
- Voting will take place until February 29, 2012
- The competition is open to everyone and there are great prizes to be won.
- Semi-finalists will be named in early April and winners will be announced at the end of April 2012.
- Great Places in Canada on Facebook and @GreatPlacesCA on Twitter will provide regular updates on the contest.
The competition is sponsored by CIP to recognize the work of professional planners across Canada and to celebrate the great places we are fortunate to share in this vast country.
For more information, please visit GreatPlacesInCanada.com.