On Monday, March 5 the majority of new applications and renewals for business licences will be available at all seven Client Service Centres to offer residents and business owners more convenient locations and service hours. Previously, business licence applications and renewals were only available at the licensing service counter at Ben Franklin Place, which will now close.
Some of the business licences now available at the Client Service Centres include:
- Food Premise (restaurants, bakeries, butchers and caterers)
- Flea Market
- Snow Plow Contractor
- Temporary Sign Lessor
- Tobacco Vendor
- Public Garage (car dealers, car rentals, car wash, gas station, auto repair shop, auto body shop)
- Pet Shop
A full list of licences now available at the Client Service Centres is available at ottawa.ca.
Residents can also access the following licences at Client Service Centres:
- Noise By-law Exemption Permit
- Open Air Fire Permit
- New animal licence registrations (renewals of dog and cat licence are available through the ServiceOttawa gateway)
- Special Occasion Permit letters, as required by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO)
Some types of business licences will only be available at the Bylaw and Regulatory Services location at 735 Industrial Avenue, including taxis, lottery, private parking enforcement agency and refreshment cart vehicles. For a full list of business licences only available at the 735 Industrial Avenue location visit ottawa.ca.