Missed your opportunity to try luge?
The Ontario Luge Association in collaboration with the International Luge Federation are presenting a 3 day training camp at Edelweiss on March 14, 15 and 16th! A super rare opportunity, one not to be missed.
The kids had a blast last Sunday and parents alike! We also had some good media coverage where some of the children have been interviewed. Check out the following to see what it's all about. Glimpses into what to expect at the 3 day training camp.
In case you haven't seen it here is a feature that was on CBC.ca:
Chris Wightman did an in studio interview with CBC Radio 1 on Monday morning:
Chris's son created a cool little promo, which gives you a really good idea of how the training went: https://youtu.be/uDIMp2_qQso
The 3 day March break training camp at Edelweiss will use the same area, weather permitting.
The Ontario Luge Association and international coaches are scheduled to be there!
- Open to 15 kids
- We can organize car pooling
- City drop off for 8:30am and return around 4:30pm
- Training Session will begin on hill from 10am and conclude for 3pm
- Video review of each persons technique
- Daily Time Trials
- Timed Race on the last day!
- $90 Registration fee (covers hill rental, insurance and luge equipment)
- Have your picture taken with a former Olympic Luge Athlete
For those interested. please contact Cassandra Mino at: Cassandra.Mino@gmail.com or 613-852-6466.